When you are setting up your workshop there are so many things that are needed to make your shop right. All of these things can end up costing you a lot of money and leave you with very little to start your first project.
I have spent hundreds of hours trying to organize and shuffle things in my workshop to get them just right. To help you save some valuable time and money, I have found an extremely helpful guide which saved me thousands on my shop set up and my tools.
After 20 years of experience in Woodworking, I have come to realize the below questions can be some of the biggest roadblocks woodworkers face today.
- How much money do I really need to set up a woodworking workshop?
- Is my space too small for a functional workshop?
- What are the bare minimum tools I need to create basic wood projects?
- How do I avoid bad quality tools that will not last more than a few months?
- How good is good enough? Do I need to go ultra high-end tools to get results?
- Is buying used tools a bad idea?
- What are the critical factors to set up a proper workshop?
If you have also had these same thoughts that I had, then this guide is for you.
This article is also very helpful in deciding what tools to buy for your workshop. I go into great detail about the things to do when buying used and new tools and how to get the best deal!